The A.J’s Jameson BBQ Ribs
Its always grilling season here at the Ajs and we love nothing more than ribs that are TENDER, FLAVOUFUL & SUCCULENT. This recipe is a favourite, as not only does it incorporate the favouritwhiskeyky: Jameson.
But it is fool proof and produces perfect results every time.
Difficulty: SUPER EASY
- 1 lb Pork ribs
- For the dry rub
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs black pepper
- 1 tbs cayenne pepper
- 1 cube maggi
- 2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 ½ tbs paprika
For Jameson BBQ Sauce
- ¾ cup Jameson Irish Whisky
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1½ cups BBQ Sauce of your choice
- Combine all the dry rub ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 325 o F and line a shallow baking pan with aluminium foil or baking paper. (see note 1)
- Sprinkle about 2 tbs of the dry rub mixture over the pork ribs and massage into the meat well with your fingertips
- Arrange the ribs on the prepared baking pans and cover tightly with foil. Bake in the oven until tender/ meat pulls away from the bone with a fork. This should take about 1½- 2½ hours depending on the thickness of the meat.
- Now its time to prepare the sauce. Combine the Jameson, BBQ Sauce, and a hint of cayenne pepper or dried pepper for that added kick. Bring to boil to cook of the alcohol and reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Ensure you stir frequently. Set aside until ready to serve. (see note 1)
- Preheat a charcoal grill to medium heat and oil the grates. Place the ribs on the grill and brush with your pre-prepared Jameson BBQ sauce.
- Cook until nicely browned and charred. Ensure you turn the pork ribs frequently and brush with sauce each time
- Allow the ribs to cool slightly and serve with extra Jameson BBQ sauce
- The trick to succulent/ fall of the bone ribs is ensuring they are cooked at a low temperature for a long time. Low and Slow. If you have a slow cooker you can also cook your ribs using this however this will take 6-8 hours.
- If you don’t have a charcoal grill you can use a gas oven on grill settings and broil them until the top catches colour and is caramelized.
PS: Enjoy this with a chilled glass of Jameson, 7-Up and lime.