INSTAGRAM LIVE SERIES #LOCKDOWNEDITION - Cooking with Afrolems
With everyone at home, this is the time to hone our cooking skills! We had Afrolems teach us one of her recipes, Plantain Pancakes.
PLANTAIN PANCAKES RECIPE
- 1 ripe plantain (large)
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1.5 tsp of baking powder
- 2 Tbsp of Sugar
- A pinch of Salt
- Butter or oil for frying
- In a bowl, mash your plantain and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk your eggs and then add to your mashed plantain.
- Pour in your milk a little bit at a time and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix your flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and make a well.
- Slowly pour in your wet ingredients and fold into the flour.
- Keep pouring a bit at a time until all ingredients are combined.
- Heat up your butter or oil 1 tablespoon at a time and fry your mix, a bit at a time.
- Fry your plantain pancakes till both sides are brown but ensure you fry on low heat so it doesn’t burn your pancakes.
- Serve your pancakes hot with fruits or serve it savoury with eggs, sausages and other breakfast items.